Welcome To Dayton Business Technology High School!
At Dayton Business Technology we pride ourselves in creating a family atmosphere with high expectations. Students at Dayton Business Technology have a unique opportunity to recover credits, develop leadership skills, create a plan for lifelong learning, and practice community stewardship. We teach our students how to be resilient in achieving their personal and academic goals.
Dayton Business Technology High School is now accepting enrollment applications for the 2014-2015 school year. For more information on waitlist statuses and enrollment requirements please contact Ms. Shepherd at 937.225.3989 ext. 203
Auditor Yost Announces:
Dayton Business Technology High School awarded 2013 Auditor of State Award!
For more information visit: https://ohioauditor.gov/newscenter/press/release/1927/
Dayton Business Technology High School Named One of 16 Best Urban Schools in America!
Representatives from the National Center for Urban School Transformation (NCUST) visited Dayton Business Technology High School (DBTHS) on May 28, 2013 to congratulate the staff, students, and parents for becoming one of the “Best Urban Schools” in the nation! DBTHS was one of the four winners of the 2013 Gold Award for Excellence in Urban Education from NCUST and the first alternative school to win since the inception of the award in 2006.
Congratulations to DBTHS graduate Maurice Brown; he was one of the winners of the 2013 NCUST Excellence in Urban Education Student Speech contest. Students from award-winning schools were invited to submit a video of their speech for consideration; all of the student speeches are reviewed by the NCUST leadership team and after lengthy deliberation the winners are selected. Each winning student received a check for $200 from NCUST.
For more information on the award and/or the National Center for Urban School Transformation visit http://www.ncust.org. Be sure to check the NCUST Youtube channel as they will be posting Maurice’s as well as the other student’s speeches over the coming months.
Why should you attend Dayton Business Technology High School?
- Dayton Business Technology High School offers nine credits per year, unlike any other school in Dayton.
- We have increased OGT Performance Index by 23%.
- 57% of our students attend college within the first two years of graduation.
- 76% of students remain in college the following year.
- Dayton Business Technology High School has graduated over 500 students.
- Dayton Business Technology High School has awarded over 100 scholarships to our students to assist them in earning dual credits at colleges such as Central State University and Sinclair Community College.
- “A” or “B’ rating in three-fourths of measures in the top 20% in the three of five measures.
STUDENTS ARE ACHIEVING AT DAYTON TECH!